Skip to main content Skip to search   
468 N Camden Dr, Beverly Hills, CA 90210 | 2901 West Coast Hwy, Suite 200, Newport Beach, CA 92663

Request a free Consultation

Archives for Administration

IRS Tax Filing 2021 – 2022 – Three Tax Changes we need to Know in Tax Filing – Highlights about the Changes in Tax Filing 2021

As the Tax season for 2021 is nearing, it is good to have a basic understanding of the recent adjustments in tax structure, exemptions, and credits.  Such info will help taxpayers to plan and file tax returns in time.  Every year, the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) updates tax rates, rebates and thresholds that are adjusted with the annual inflation. On Nov. 10, 2021, the IRS announced inflation adjustments for 2022 affecting standard deductions, tax brackets, and more.


Thus, the Tax Filing Year 2022 got many updates that are listed in detail by IRS in this document. It is important to discuss a few such changes that need spotlight among every taxpayers which are listed below.


  1. Child Credit on Monthly Basis

Child Tax Credit provides financial benefits to those with qualifying kids. For those Tax Years before 2021, the IRS allowed claim up to $2,000 per child under the age of 17 in Tax Filing.  However, during the Tax Year 2021, the following changes were done.

  • Child tax credit amount has increased up to $3,600 per child under 6
  • Child tax credit amount has increased up to $3,000 per child ages 6 to 17
  • Child tax credit is now fully refundable.
  • Child tax credit has been converted to monthly payment

As the COVID-19 has negatively impacted the country’s economy and the taxpayers, the IRS provided 50% of the child tax credit as advance monthly payments during the period July to December 2021. Tax filers may need to repay if they received more than the eligible pay.  Similarly, those who received lesser credit can file and claim back. Thus, the expanded child tax credit payments could impact many families’ tax refunds. For more specific details, please be guided by the IRS government portal


  1. Recovery Rebate Tax Credit

Recovery Rebate Tax Credit or Stimulus Payment is another benefit in case you haven’t received the third economic impact payment while preparing Tax Filing. Those who lost jobs or whose income drastically decreased in 2021 can now claim the Recovery Rebate Tax Credit. Here are the eligibility criteria to receive the economic impact payment.

  • You’re not dependent of a taxpayer
  • Your adjusted gross income (AGI) can’t exceed:
  • $150,000 for married filing jointly
  • $112,500 for heads of household
  • $75,000 for single filers

One must file 2021 Tax Return to receive the Recovery Rebate Tax Credit even if not done Tax Filing or any tax return in the past. You can use any one of IRS’ Free File Providers from the list given.

Note: You must have AGI of less than $73,000 to use the IRS’ free file program.

Learn more from IRS official website below


  1. Claim Charitable Donations

For the Tax Year 2021 Tax filing, the claims on Charitable Donations are changed with the increase in tax deductions. Taxpayers both individuals who itemized and those who do not itemize can avail such benefits of these deductions while filing the return.  Now, the tax filers can deduct up to $300 for cash donations to qualifying charities (up to $600 combined for married filers) whether you itemize or take the standard deduction for 2021.

Those who claim charitable contributions as itemized deductions can claim cash contributions made to qualifying organizations up to 100% of their adjusted gross income (AGI) for the 2021 tax year only. Such deductions used to be limited to 60% of the taxpayer’s AGI. More specific info can be found at


IRS Audit Group continues to monitor the tax provision updates every year and highlights important changes that benefit the taxpayers in Tax Filing. We are certified tax lawyers having immense experience in state and federal tax laws. Get a free consultation with us to understand your tax problems and help you deal with IRS on this upcoming Tax season 2022. Contact us (888) 300-6670 (or)

Read more
Havne't filed taxes in years_Blog

Haven’t Filed Taxes For Years? The IRS May File On Your Behalf

Have you ever wondered what would happen if you didn’t file your tax return? Well … You basically lose your refund (if you pass the three year tax deadline date) which for some people can be a significant loss. Also, you put yourself at risk of having the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) file for you.

Don’t wait on the IRS to file your taxes on your behalf. Let IRS Audit Group file your taxes in full compliance with the IRS. We will collect all the information from tax authorities, review it with you and file your tax return.

According to the IRS, substitute for return (SFR) and delinquent return procedures were developed to deal with taxpayers who do not file required tax returns. They use this to assess the correct tax liability by either:

  1. Securing a valid voluntary tax return from the taxpayer (delinquent return), or
  2. If securing a return is not possible, computing tax, interest, and penalties based upon information submitted by payers, or based on other available information (SFR).

If the IRS files a return, it will be based on the information they have available through existing records and it is usually done automatically. The downfall to this is that whether you were married filing jointly, had dependents you could claim for that year or whether you had any deductions are not taken into consideration. You’d sacrifice any of the credits that could lower your taxes and may end up owing substantially more taxes based on the SFR than if you filed your own tax return.

This triggers the snowball effect: If you fail to pay the taxes the IRS has assessed against you, the IRS will begin collection proceedings to collect the taxes. Which could include issuing levies against your bank account or wages and filing liens against your property.

Don’t face the risk of increasing your tax liability – contact IRS Audit Group today to file your returns or for help on other tax issues. You still have options in cases like this and our team of tax professionals would be happy to guide you through them!

Read more

IRS Audit Group

Tax attorney in Beverly Hills, California

468 N Camden Dr #200,
Beverly Hills, CA 90210, USA

Call: +1 888-300-6670


Sunday8:00am-5:00pm Monday8:00am-10:00pm Tuesday8:00am-10:00pm Wednesday8:00am-10:00pm Thursday8:00am-10:00pm Friday8:00am-10:00pm Saturday8:00am-10:00pm